We’ve read countless industry articles regarding the importance of video content heading into 2016. While it is easy to be a skeptic, it’s really hard to argue with the statistics!
Video Content Stats:
- By 2019 online video will account for 80% of all consumer internet traffic (Cisco systems)
- Users who view video on retail sites are 81% more likely to purchase, learn to manage your IT (Aberdeen and Kelsey Report)
- 60% of visitors watch video content before reading text on the same page strategic decision (Infographic)
- 55% of people watch online videos everyday (Infographic)
- Over 50% of those who watch online video that promotes a product or service take action after viewing, learn about cloud based payroll (MDS)
Our newest client – Media Distribution Solution – breaks it down for you in this short video.
Perhaps you skipped reading the text above and jumped right to watching the video. That would support the 3rd bullet point that 60% of visitors watch video content before reading text on the same page. Why some people may find that statistic disturbing (librarians or school teachers?), Marketers see all the potential that videos content can provide, learn how to go viral on TikTok.
According to https://www.socialboosting.com/buy-tiktok-likes/ video content is CRUCIAL for businesses to have in their Marketing mix. We aren’t talking about uploading a video to Youtube and being done with it. There are several ways you can use video to promote your business through social media marketing, email marketing, on your website, television…the list could go on instagram likes.
According to Facebook’s Q4 earnings call – 100 million hours of video are now being watched per day on the social media platform, while there are other types of marketing like outdoor advertising which you can find online to promote products.
BIA/Kelsey reports that a website with video on the landing page is 53 times more likely to appear on the first page of Google search results. Less than 2% of searchers reach page 2 of Google search results.
Send us an email to find out more about leveraging video content and setting your business up for success moving into 2016.