Responsive Web Design
Responsive web design is an approach at designing a website that focuses on optimal viewing experiences (easy reading and navigation with a minimum amount of re-sizing, panning, and scrolling ) across a wide range of devices such as mobile phones, iPads, desktops, laptops, tablets, etc.
It doesn’t take a genius to realize that people are using all kinds of devices to search the web these days. Just take mobile phones…for instance…and think about its evolution over the past 10 years.
Here’s a fun fact regarding surfing the web on cell phones from PEW Research Internet Project:
As of May 2013,
- 63% of adult cell owners use their phones to go online.
- 34% of cell internet users go online mostly using their phones, and not using some other device such as a desktop or laptop computer.
Let’s take it a step further and look at some other mobile phone statistics:
As of January 2014:
- 90% of American adults have a cell phone
- 58% of American adults have a smartphone
- 42% of American adults own a tablet computer
So…What does this mean for your business?
Well you need to make sure your company website is responsive or easily view-able not only cell phones…but all devices!
How do you find out if your website uses responsive web design technology?